It’s the Weekend. Mark it by doing something different.
It’s obviously difficult to have any sense of normalcy during this crisis, but developing routines can help you maintain your emotional health and overall cognitive functioning. Weekends are a part of that process.
A few fun facts about the origins of the weekend:
- Did you know that the concept of the weekend originated in ancient Rome where every eighth day the population had a market day? Farmers came into Rome to sell their produce and the citizens of Rome were given the day off for religious practices and shopping.
- Did you know that the first five-day work week in the United States dates back to 1908 and is credited to the owner of a New England cotton mill? He closed his factory so his Jewish workers could have off on the Sabbath and his Christian workers could go to church on Sunday.
- Did you know that The Weeknd is originally from Toronto, Canada?
Until tomorrow, stay safe, hugs to your loved ones, and be well.
- Want to better understand how the virus has spread or explain it to your kids? Watch this simulation.
- Help out your local food bank. Use this locator to help find it. Or donate to a national organization that helps your local food bank with resources.
- Help an artist who is out of work and has no financial safety net.