Check yourself before– well, you know.
Just about everyone is experiencing additional distress during this crisis. The question is, how can you know when it’s just too much?
Please be on the lookout if you experience:
- Excessive fear and/or unfounded worries about your health
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs
If you start to experience any of these symptoms, it may be time to get help. If you don’t already have your own therapist, you can reach out directly to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or if you are in acute crisis, use Crisis Text Line.
That’s all for now. Until tomorrow: Stay safe and be well.